The first reason we will cover are more than 50 advanced marketing tools that are provided by SEMrush services, which SimilarWeb lacking.
Semrush allows the marketing team to handle all of their most critical activities in one place, like SEO, content marketing, competitor analysis, PPC, and social media marketing. It also provides actionable advice to help you refine your website, content, and marketing strategies much more quickly.
On the other hand, SimilarWeb isn’t a marketing site in the traditional sense. It’s a web analytics company that provides you with statistical information about website traffic. That’s what there is to it. There are no advanced SEO resources available. There are no content marketing or social media resources available, and no suggestions for putting scientific findings into practice.
That fact makes SEMrush much more advanced in terms of its use for marketing purposes.
The next reason we will cover – the comparing of Advanced SEO features
First, let’s discuss SEMrush SEO features – it includes semantic keyword grouping, rank monitoring, backlink analysis, on-page SEO, and more are among the advanced SEO features that will put you ahead of your competitors. This is a solid number of advanced setting which gives SEMrush great advantage over other services.
And now let’s take a look at SimilarWeb services, they include only the most basic SEO features are available when it comes to website traffic analytics. There are no resources for in-depth keyword research or rank monitoring. There is no database of backlinks.
Which makes it way weaker in terms of SEO than Semrush
- Let’s take some practical examples of SEO features:
- Keyword database – for SEMrush – 20B, for SimilarWeb the number is unknown.
- Backlink database – 40T of backlinks for SEMrush, and no such option for SimilarWeb.
- Google SERP databases – Semrush has over 140, and there is no for SimilarWeb.
- Rank Tracking – the option is included in SEMrush, not included in SimilarWeb.
- On-page and technical SEO – of course included for SEMrush and not in SimilarWeb.
- Local SEO – same story for this as for all other options in this comparison.
After analyzing those factors, it is clearly visible, SEMrush is much more advanced in mostly all features it provides compared to SimilarWeb.
Let’s discuss the next reason, that is – more up-to-date and reliable results and the most comprehensive keyword database.
In SEMrush, there are partnerships, public data, and actual Google SERP results to provide high-quality data on customer behavior from real anonymous users. Access to 20 billion keywords in 142 databases from around the world. There are over 40 trillion backlinks in this index.
If we consider SimilarWeb functions, there are only big and medium-sized websites to have similar data accuracy. For websites with less than 50K monthly visits*, data is less reliable or non-existent. The keyword database’s size is unknown. There is no database of backlinks.
Let’s move to the next steps of our comparison, now we want to discuss pricing that is transparent (and likely less expensive).
In SEMrush, there are four translucent bundles to choose from. Pay a monthly fee for a well-defined collection of features organized into toolkits based on your needs. There are no secret fees. You have the option to cancel at any time. There are three available plans:
- For freelancers, startups and in-house marketers with limited budget.
- For SMB and growing marketing agencies.
- For agencies, E-commerce projects and business with extensive web presence.
As you can see, all plans are clearly managed and priced talking target audience in the consideration.
The next step we want to cover is how great SEMrush is for marketers looking at the G2 Report.
In the following functions, Semrush scored more points than SimilarWeb: Data sources, Marketing Metrics, Keyword suggestion. In competitive intelligence there were: Web tracking, Benchmarking, Role management, Reports, Quality of support.
That report on the practice shows us that Semrush is far ahead of other companies and SimilarWeb especially.
SEMrush is an award-winning tool, and trusted by top companies in the world.
- Over 7 million users
- 14 international awards as best SEO software suite.
- SEMrush is used by 30% of Fortune 500 firms as their primary marketing tool.
Now, let’s take a look more precisely into features of both services. And compare both services taking their functions into consideration.
Starting with competitive traffic analysis:
1. 190 included for Semrush
2. At SimilarWeb – 58, at additional cost
Data by device type
1. For SEMrush – desktop & mobile
2. In SimilarWeb – desktop data included but mobile data at additional cost
1. In SEMrush – up to 4 years, included
2. In SimilarWeb – up to 3 years, at additional cost
The next aspect will be – Competitive Organic/Paid Search Analysis
Domains’ organic/paid positions
- In SEMrush, it is from a database of 20B keywords (and counting) based on real SERP results.
- SimilarWeb to is from random clicks of actual users.
- Keyword gap analysis is included in both services.
To conclude the article, as we can see, there is a huge advantage of Semrush over SimilarWeb, that is proved in various ways, including rankings, feature research and opinions of users. Semrush showed better result in terms of keeping all the advanced SEO tools i one place like content marketing, competitor analysis, PPC, and social media marketing.
The next major thing in which SEMrush totally outplays SimilarWeb is the number of databases provided by services, in SEMrush there are much wider choice of databases for keywords, backlinks and SERP, which SimilarWeb lacks completely. Other things that standout clearly for SEMrush is price and clear tariffs that are visible and easy to cancel, there are no secret fees.
The last thing in which SEMrush much better than SimilarWeb is integrations, where Semrush integrates almost with every modern analytic/marketing tool and SimilarWeb only with Google Analytics, which is deplorable if we compare these two services.
You can contact me, and I’d be happy to chat with you.
Join my monthly newsletter
Start getting exclusive B2B marketing tips that I only share with email subscribers